Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Collaboration

Okay, so what I am doing now is a bit cliche, making a makeup collaboration based on a trending event: Valentine's Day. Please note that by creating this look doesn't mean I celebrate it, I just want to express myself thru' makeup using an available theme at the time. But if you don't believe in me, I'll leave the judgment up to you.



Banner design by: Lina
Starring:

Para Pejuang Cinta or The Lovey Dovey:


Pasukan Patah Hati or The Shattered Hearts:
Christin - Esy - Rere - Wulan - Lina - Indri - Irene


*click on each name to find out more about the looks they created


***


Due to the twisted minds of some fellow bloggers, we divided this collaboration into two kinds of look: the glam and the gore, or as you can see from the banner above, The Lovey Dovey and The Shattered Hearts. The last category is to symbolize that not everybody has a couple on Valentine's Day. Muahahahah *evil laugh*.

Okay so this is my look I created:



This look was inspired by Kuchisake Onna or The Slit-Mouthed Woman, a famous urband legend in Japan. Although if you google that name, you'll find her pictures are a million times more frightening than this one I created.

The wounds on my mouth was made using a peel-off mask, inspired by Annisa Lesmana (I forgot her blog name, sorry!) whom used to do the same technique to create her Robotic makeup.




For the eye makeup I created a cut crease look, a cut crease literally. Too bad I used too much blood effect in the picture, making it not so realistic. Also I should have added some veins effect. Totally a failure, but, making a new one is such a hassle so... Nevermind.




At the end of the photo session, I decided to add some pins on the wound.







 
Products abused:
 
Face:
  • Bless Healthy Glow Foundation (Natural)
  • Maybelline BB Silk Face Powder (Natural)
  • Oriflame Studio Artist Translucent Powder
  • Kryolan TV Paint Stick (NG1) for contouring
  • NYX Single Eyeshadow (Dark Brown) for contouring
  • Revlon Photoready Concealer (Light) for highliting
Eyes:
  • NYX Brow Gel (Brunette)
  • Wet n Wild Eyebrow Kit (Ash Brown)
  • Sleek iDivine Acid Palette (Black)
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow (Love+)
  • Silkygirl Gel Liner (Black)
  • Yukkiyuna Eyelashes (Victory)
  • Princess Universe Softlenses (Mars)
Wounds:
  • Garnier Pell-Off Mask
  • Viva Grease Paint (Red & Black)
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow (Love+)
  • Food Coloring
 
 

If you'd like to know how to recreate this look, I'm also working on a simple tutorial to create this look, so just wait up.
 

See you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series