Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: NYX Slim Lip Pencil (Fuchsia/SPL 816)

Another lip liner collection of mine! Yeaay!
 
 
This pencil comes in a black wooden pencil with different colors representing each shade. The cap is made of black plastic.
 
Company claim:
Slim, trim but never prim, our lip pencils come in a variety of dashing shades—from auburn to orange and traffic-stopping red. The buttery, long-wearing lip liner formula goes on easily and resists bleeding.

This cost USD 3.50 in their official web store. I bought this on offcial counter for IDR 80K, but if you buy this online it'll cost you about IDR 50-60K.
 
 
My shade is Fuchsia.
 
There are 56 array of colors available, according to its official international webstore. They even got BLACK lip liner. How cool is that?! But I have no idea how many shades available here in Indonesia. I pressume there are only mainstream colors distributed in local official conters, other than that you have to pre-order them online.
 
 
Ingredients:
Sorbitan Isostearate, Isocetyl Stearate,Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Beeswax, SimmondsiaChinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Caprylic/Capri Triglyceride, Nylon-12,Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Silica, CoperniciaCerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated, Coconut Oil, Tocopherol,VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearalkonium Hectorite, StearylGlycyrrhetinate, Propylparaben, Prolylene Carbonate

 
This is a wooden pencil that need to be sharpen.
 

 
This color is a bright fucshia color with cool undertone.
 
 


The lip liner alone, worn full lips.


Combined with Sariayu lipstick Lasem 01
A match made in heaven!
 
***
 
 
I first bought this bright pink pencil to lock the color of some pink liquid lipsticks I have. Liquid tends to bleed out of my lip line and applying this pencil in advance really help those liquid stay in place, at least for more than 6 hours of usage.
 
This pencil glides on smoothly without any dragging on my lips with a good color pay-off. Easily to be sharpened, but also a bit disturbing when the tip is no longer pointy. It's not easily brake if you sharpen it right.
 
I find that this pencil is a bit drying, but don't they all? So far I only tried three brands of lip pencil (Revlon, Silkygirl, and NYX) and all of them dry out. But aren't they supposed to be dry? Otherwise, how can it lock the lip color in place? Tell me if I'm wrong. Just put a lip balm first, leave it for a about 5 minutes, wipe it, apply a concealer, then start drawing your lips.
 
So far, I think this is the best lip liners I've ever had. I consider of repurchasing this but in other colors, although I don't know if the result will be as pleasing as this, because sometimes the result can be different depending on the color.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series