Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipstick (Mauve Outta Here & Bare It All)

Frist of all, I would like to appologize for giving you a review about poducts which aren't look photogenic anymore. I bought these Wet n Wild lipsticks many many weeks ago but always forget to write about this. I'd like to say that I do like these products sooo much.


I actually reviewed about lipstick from this series some time ago. Check it out here. You'll find a much tidier version of these since it was still brand new. I'm not gonna talk too much about the packaging since I already wrote it on the link above, so feel free to hit that mouse button to find out more about the packaging.



The shades I'll talk about are Mauve Outta Here and Bare It All




The bullet color retracted to the max. Since the first time buying these, the rounded tip always bug me since it's quite tricky to draw a price line on your lips.



Swatches on my hand in both lighting.

BARE IT ALL


This is, maybe, what you call, a nude brown shade with a hint of white. On the bullet I thought the color would turn pale, but when I wear it, apparently it was a pretty kind of pale. This one suits my skin tone well, and can brighten up my face even if it's pale. A very safe colo for any occassion.

MAUVE OUTTA HERE


Honestly, I have a love-hate-love-hate relationship with this. The texture and finishing is great but I'm not very fond of the shade. Mauve has always been my favorite lipstick shade, but on me, this one changed into a light pinkish purple. My mistake when searching swatches of this color was opening beauty blogs by western bloggers, you know how different their skin tone and bare lips color than mine. But, I couldn't find local beauty bloggers who have reviewed this item. And moreover, this one stains your lips, a lot.

***


Ombre lips I created a few days ago. Products I used:

Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in Nude
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipstick in Bare It All
NYX JEP in Milk

***

In short, Mega Last Lipstick is a good product for me. Smooth glide, pigmented color, and they even able to cover the darkness around your lips area since the texture is very opaque. Once you apply it, it leaves a satin finishing on your lips, not very dry looking like matte lipstick, but not to buttery like most creamy lipsticks. There are 26 color variants, if I'm not mistaken, and the variety is great, but only in safe colors. Please don't think about green lipstick. :D The Mauve is the only thing I regret. I think I'll hunt for the shade Pinkerbell. I heard it's a dupe of Lime Crime Geradium. *Wink!*

***

Verdicts:
  • Opaque color
  • Doesn't dry my lips
  • A little goes a long the way
  • Mauve Outta Here stains your lips once you wipe it
  • Long lasting the whole day but with taking a meal they faded just a bit
  • Satin finishing
  • Can cover your lips darkness
  • How much: IDR 79K on their official counters, but available on many online shops with much cheaper price. I bought these not more than IDR 50K.
  • Available in: many drugstores or supermarkets, or even online shops. 

Happy hunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series