Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: Etude House Color Lips-Fit (RD301 & PK003)

I cannot do not want to have Etude House products. LOLs. Confused with my statement? Well, for me EH products are cutely packaged, innovative, and just like any other Korean products, some of EH items are good dupes for high end brands with more reasonable prices. (I'm talking about online shop prices, tho'!).

But since the EH Cotton Fit BB cream is a big dissapointment for me (they cost me pimples!) I have to be extra carefull when purchasing their products. So I bought the stuff that won't touch most of my face: eye and lip products. So far, this trick works well.


So for those of you not sure what kind of lip colors these are, they are liquid lip color. Just to simplify the product name, since EH is the champion for creating ones with confusing meanings. Seriously, their product names are confusing. Baby Choux Base, Conditioning Cream, Nymph Aura Volumer, etc... Hello?

***

packaging


They have boxes by the way, but no extra plastic seal on the bottles, so there's no exact way to find out whether they are used already or not. And, they are cute. The bottles are made of plastic and so are the caps, and they're pretty bulky. There's a glimpse of chameleon sparks on those white caps.


My shades are RD301 (Red) and PK003 (Pink). The box colors are basically pink, but the top part colors represent each shade.


As written on the box:
This is a revolutionary liquid type lipstick that moistly glides onto lips with its vivid color and finishes off with a weightless powdery texture.

The words powdery texture kinda reminds me of the texture of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream that creamy when first applied and turned into matte once it sunk into your lips.

Directions of use:
  1. Shake well before use.
  2. Apply smoothly with tip. Lightly dab onto center of lips for gradation. Delicately apply for full cover.
  3. Apply a layer of Color Lips Fit WH901* after color for moist gloss.


 *WH901 is Color Lips-Fit in clear shade, or a lipgloss to be exact. 

And this side of the box is the only one I'll capture. The rest are written in Hangul.




The applicators are bended with a wide flat surface.

***

Swatches and performance


I took these swatches in just one time swipe and the colors show up pretty well. They are so bright. Judging from these, I assume they are as bright as neon colors. The formula is oil based and there's a strong fruity scent.

When I wore this on my lips, they are creamy at first and look wet just like the swatches on my wrist. But it will turn to matte gradually. So moisturizing and even scrubbing on the first place is recommended, especially for those who have dried lips like mine.

My bare lips, in one of their worst conditions. Dried, chapped, and bleeding easily. I got this because I forgot to wear moisturizer before going to sleep for two days in a row. Maklum, udah umur...



PK003


Applied as both gradient lips and full lips. The color somehow doesn't compliment my skintone really well. It is actually a bright sunny pink and makes my pale face look even worse. And that bright shade also makes my dried lips look worse. Oh, that matte formula... Wrong choice of color. But when I wore this on my healthy lips and added a bit of peach lipgloss, it looked so much better.


RD301


The formula is still drying and that neon shade is a bit disturbing to me, but this one look a lot better on me. It even able to camouflage my chapped lips. I prefer this one better I guess. Errr... This one is a red with a blue undertone perhaps, but with a very bright look. Btw, I only need a drop of the liquid to cover my whole lips.

So far, these lip color are not one of my favourite. I like them, but not so much that I'll buy other shades. Their bright and neon shades are a bit too hard to pull off. I have to add a bit lip gloss, or spread the liquid with my finger to make it look more wearable. I don't know, maybe it's because of my skintone? Btw, if you want to apply this full lips, don't dab this with applicator to your whole lips. Simply put a small amount on the inner center of your lips then gently spread them with your finger. Do not overdo since the liquid is highly pigmented.

Talking about the staying power, PK003 is medium, but the RD301 is great. Maybe because of the bold color, that it will stain your lips afterwards. So when I wear the RD301, my lips look even more red after I had my meal.

***

Kesimpulanku sih lipstik ini bikin bibir kering, jadi harus pake lip balm dulu sebelumnya. Kalo ngomongin warna, jatohnya itu di mukaku jadi aneh, karena warnanya itu terang seperti neon, harus ditambah lip gloss atau tepuk2 dulu pake jari supaya jatohnya jadi agak wearable lah gitu, gak terlalu aneh banget. Apa mungkin aneh karena warna kulitku ya, meskipun terang, tapi tetep aja kulit orang endonesa yg kecoklatan, kalo orang Korea kan rata2 kulitnya putih semu pink gitu, pasti cocok aja kali pake warna-warna kayak gini. Jadi buat kulit gelap, emmm, janganlah, aneh jadinya.

Oh ya, sedikit tips, kalo mau pake full lips, jangan dioles ke seluruh bibir. Ntar jadinya terlalu dobleh banget. Oles aja di tengah bibir trus disebar ke seluruh bibir pake jari, cakep deh. Jadi jangan terlalu napsu ngolesnya, soalnya lip color ini pigmented banget.

Lipstik ini juga awet banget nempelnya. Yang PK003 sih standar lah, abis makan minum langsung pudar dikit, tapi yang RD301 tetep okeh. Malah habis makan, bibirku malah keliatan jadi merah alami gitu, hehehe.

Verdicts:
  • Bright neon colors
  • Best for fair skin, not redommended for medium or dark skin
  • Creamy at frist applied but will turn to matte gradually
  • Kinda reminds me of NYX SLMC
  • Dry my lips
  • Highly pigmented
  • Great staying power, especially RD301
  • Price: around IDR 110K each (USD 11)


Ratings would be.... 2.75 out of 5.

Thank you for reading. See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series