Sunday, February 23, 2014

Review: Pond's Age Miracle BB Cream--My Drugstore BB Cream


A holy grail cosmetic for me must be come in reasonable price, and easily bought in a convenience store or a traditional market which are only 50 meters away from my house XD. Hahaha. Going to a department store is such a hassle for me because my son is not the one you can easily tame :D (emak2 rempong)

So my choice was decided on this Pond's BB Cream since it's widely store-sold with reasonable price. To be honest, when I first bought this red babe, I didn't know what a BB cream was. I thought it was an anti ageing day cream and surprised when it could even out my skin tone. And for a year later, I found out BB cream was actually wore as a foundation. Hehehehehe. This also happens years ago in hi school. I always ate at the same food court every day for almost 3 consecutive years. I just found out the second food court just a few months before graduating. Earth calling....
Maybe that was the reason I had no boyfriend back then (sigh).



This tube comes in a red nuance just like any other Pond's product under their anti-ageing series. The cap, oh the cap, I hate it. Why many manufacturers still produce this kind of cap? It's not practical at all. Flip cap please...?

And as for the shade, mine is Light. I don't know how many shade they launched, but this is the only one I find in stores. Even on their official website, the shade only comes in Light. No other. 

This BB cream has a sister though and it comes in Pond's Flawless White series. I tried it as well and will make the review soon!




The ingredients:




Wait.... No Paraben? I mean, really????


This is the application on my hand.





The coverage is kinda low-medium, low oil control, and medium staying power. My nose will get shinny after about 2 hours. You have to dab extra face primer before applying this cream for longer staying power. 

Sounds bad enough for you? No. On the contrary, for me this is the best BB cream ever!

A good BB cream for me doesn't have to be on the highest rank of staying power, oil control or whatsoever. Retouch your makeup once it runs out. Apply next layer if it has low coverage. It's all about tricks. But your skin reaction towards it is the most important aspect when choosing a cosmetic. No trick can be done here. And for the last 3 years since I have been using this, my skin reacts well. No purging reaction, like acnes, dark spots, red spots, etc. So I thinkI must say that I have found my holy grail BB cream! Yeay!


Okay, move on to the verdicts:
  • Easily store-bought
  • Matte finish
  • Only comes in one shade (maybe)
  • Low to medium coverage
  • Medium staying power
  • Low oil control
  • SPF 30 PA++ for UVA and UVB protection
  • Best for normal to dry skin type.
  • Price: around IDR90K, I forgot -_- (USD 10)
Buy it again? Of course!

That's all for now. I love reading any comments or suggestion. Please don't be hesitate! ^^



Note: Written based on my experience. Skin reactions my vary to others.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog right here! Additionally your web site so much up fast!
    What host are you the use of? Can I get your associate
    lknk for your host? I wasnt my web site loaded upp as
    fast as yours lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series