Friday, September 19, 2014

Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner (Black)

Eyeliners are one of my must-wear makeup item to define my small slanted eyes. I usually avoid using liquid liners since I got shaky hands, so I often end up with pencil, or pen, or gel liner. But, I got jealous of those Youtubers or even my fellow beauty bloggers who could easily draw flawless lines using liquid liners. So I think, I have to, have to, have to nail it as well!
 
Menurut gue, kalo hobi dandan, rasanya belom afdol kalo belom jago make eyeliner cair. Tapi itu menurut gue loh ya. Hehehe...
 
And I chose this, from conversations with some fellow bloggers, as one of the friendliest liquid liners, both in applicator, lasting power, and price. So, here is what I have to say.
 
 
 
The packaging is a bit tiny. Nothing fancy about the bottle. It was all black plastic with a glossy letters on it. When I first bought this, it was sealed with a clear plastic. But, in some countries, they are sold in a carton seal.
 
 
 
The shade is black, and it ONLY HAVE ONE SHADE, which is BLACK.
 
Please don't mistake this liner with Maybelline Hyper Glossy Runway Pop Color Liner, which has 5 different shades. Well, the formula may be the same, but there's a slight difference on the bottle design. This one is more simple. Please remember that BLACK is the one with PINK LETTERS on it. Don't be mistaken. (I didn't wear glasses when I purchased this, so of course it was damn hard!).
 
 Btw, I used to review this colorful liner in orange shade, check it out here.
 
The ingredients were listed in the plastic seal I already tore. But this is what I found from the internet:
 
G850605 INGREDIENTS: AQUA / WATER, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., STEARETH-20, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, LAURETH-21, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, p-ANISIC ACID, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE POWDER, MALTODEXTRIN, TOCOPHEROL, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77266 / BLACK 2] F.I.L. B52117/1.
 
 
 
This applicator is actually pretty short which is an advantage for me. Imagine that awkward moment when you literally have to stick your cheeks to the mirror because your eyes hardly can see anything. So, a short applicator is truly a bless for me.
 

 
The tip of the brush is pointy, really helpfull to draw a thin line. However when I pushed the brush a little bit further, it also helped me to draw a thicker line. Great for drawing a cat-wink edge. This brush also pretty hard. It's not too soft which I like the most since I'm a beginner on this. Totally an applicator for rookies.
 

 
The black is pretty intense. A true jet black with glossy finishing. How long it dries depends on how thick you draw the line. But on me, it only need about five seconds to dry. So I don't really have problems with smudging lines due to you accidently blink your eyes when your liners still wet.
 
***
 
An example on one of my EOTDs.
 
 
***
 
This is one of the rare products that fulfill its promise to be smudgeproof yet waterproof. I wore this from 9 am to 5 pm, it didn't move at all until the time I wipe it with makeup remover. It also didn't hard to be removed, once it's done, it'll turn to small flakes. Typical waterproof eyeliners.
 
The result on my eyes are glossy so this might not look pretty nice for photo session. I also don't find any sting when on every application. Usually my eyes are pretty sensitive to liquid liners, but not to this, so I think this one is pretty friendly for sensitive eyes.
 
However this might not feel comfortable once it dries since it'll leave that annoying feeling on your eyes, like you wear an eyelid scotch tape. This usually happen if I draw a thick line like on the picture above. But if I just apply a thin one, it feels comfortable enough.
 
 

This photo was taken after 10 hours of usage. No edit alert! Well, you may find my eyebrows and foundation were pretty ruined, but the liner didn't move AT ALL. I wore this liner that day on a pretty tiring humid outdoor activity, and I also splashed my face with Wudhu water, twice. My oily eyelids and teary eyes doesn't seem to have any effect on this liner

Overall, although I still need to learn to apply liquid liner, but I think I found my holy grail eyeliner already. Finally.
 
***
 
Verdicts:
  • Waterproof
  • Smudgeproof
  • Intense black shade
  • User friendly applicator
  • Doesn't sting my eyes
  • Glossy finish
  • May felt uncomfortable if you apply a thick line
  • How much: around IDR 30K to 40K. Price may vary on each country.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series