Saturday, January 18, 2014

Review: Orange Lip Colors

Orange, orange, orange! This fun color have always been my last choice of all kinds of face coloring product, it doesn't look good on me. But, lately, pink and nude bore me. So lemme come outta my comfort zone for a while. 

So I'm gonna compare 4 kinds of orange lip colors that I just bought lately.




From left to right:
1. Etude blooming lips-talk OR 207
2. Etude blooming lips-talk OR 206
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040
4. NYX Round Lipstick LSS 507

Here are the swatches



So lets begin comparing!

1. Etude Blooming Lips-Talk OR207





This is a pretty bold color. For those of you who seek out the bold look with orange lipstick without looking kinda weird, this one's the perfect shade. The texture is creamy and feels soft on my lips, and just like many other creamy textured lipsticks, this one doesn't stay too long on my lips. I had to re-apply them after a few hours. There's a sheer fragrant as well and will fade a moment after you apply it. The bad thing is, it stains once you wipe them even with make-up remover. But the shade is just too beautiful that it's forgiven ^_^
Price: IDR 270K in official counter (USD 27) or IDR 100K to IDR 120K in olshop (USD 10-12)


2. Etude Blooming Lips-Talk OR206



Pale. This is my impression when I recklessly put a generous amount to my lips, it made me look weird and clownish. Maybe because this color, for me, is the truest and purest orange shade. This is not the common shade people would wear as lip color. BUT.... When I wiped and reapplied it thinly, and added a little amount of peach lipgloss, the color suddenly changed into a very cute and innocent orange. It looked great! The pic above is my lips using this lipstick only though. Overall, the texture and its stay power, is almost likely to its sister above.
Price: IDR 270K in official counter (USD 27) or IDR 100K to IDR 120K in olshop (USD 10-12)


3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040



When I first saw this lipstick with its tempting juicy bold color packaging standing on the drug store counter, I fell in love. It looked like crayon! Open the cap, and you'll find the content color is exactly the same as the outter tube. But, applying it to my lips didn't end up as I expected from the look. It was sheer, the most natural shade among these four. That's why its called 'balm stain' LOL. Once you apply it, you'll feel a soothing mint sensation on your lips that will fade a few moments later. This product has glossy effect, poor stay power, and doesn't make lips dry--at least for me. 
Price: Around IDR 80K (approx. USD 8)


4. NYX Round Lipstick LSS 507



This is probably what you'd call Tangerine color. I took this photo under direct sunlight so it looked sheer but actually it was pretty bold with a touch of glittering shimmer, so this will definitely make your lips glow. NYX Round Lipstick is famous for its creamy and soft textured lipstick. So soft that the stick is easily broke. I also use a few shades of NYX Round Lipstick and they all broke T_T. The color is intense, you don't have to apply a couple of times to achieve bold result. The stay power is medium. For you gals with dark or tan complexion, this shade will surely have a great effect on you ^_^
Price: IDR 45K (approx. USD 5)


Overall, this is the summary:
1. Etude Blooming Lips-Talk OR 207
    - bold color
    - creamy texture
    - matte result
    - medium stay power
    - it stains your lips once you wipe it out
    - sheer fragrant
    - expensive

2. Etude Blooming Lips-Talk OR 206
    - weird (or funky?) color
    - creamy texture
    - matte result
    - medium stay power
    - it stains your lips once you wipe it out
    - sheer fragrant
    - expensive

3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040
    - sheer color
    - creamy texture
    - glossy effect
    - low stay power
    - minty sensation 
    - reasonable price

4. NYX Round Lipstick LSS507
    - bold tangerine color
    - creamy texture and it's soooo soft
    - shimmer effect
    - medium stay power
    - the stick is easily broken
    - will look good on dark complexion
    - cheap

will repurchase Etude OR207, maybe, as long as I haven't found the cuter orange lipstick, considering Etude is a pretty expensive brand in official counters, and I have to purchase it through online shop to get the cheaper one. It takes time, you know.
So which one is your favourite orange lipstick?

Notes: this article is written by my own opinion. Result my vary to each individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series