Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Review: NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick (Thalia/LSS529)


NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick (or also known as Lip Smacking Fun Colors Lipstick) is the cheapest variant of all NYX lipsticks. And this Thalia shade is my all time favorite. The one I review here is with their latest packaging but the formula was no different with the old ones, or so I thought, because I've bought this many many times.

The packaging is quite simple with black sleek tube and a small clear tube on the bottom that indicates each shade. I once opened it, and it really contains some share of the lipstick. No kidding. So when you're out of it, you can go with the bottom tube.


I bought this online for IDR 65K.



My shade is Thalia, my darling shade.


Ingredients:
Diisostearyl Malate, Bis-DiglycerylPolyacyladipate-2, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Octyldodecanol, IsostearylIsostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax /Euphorbia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Ceresin, Beeswax / Cera Alba /Cire d’abeille, Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Carnauba, Microcrystalline Wax / CeraMicrocristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Limonene,Fragrance / Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUTCONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491,77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 36(CI 12085), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).




The bullet shape is a classic pointy one. There's some strong scent coming out of the tube, and what I learn from several thousand times of application is that the tube is so fragile it easily broke.




Thalia is what I describe as nude pinky mauve. There's a slight hint of purple. It is very very creamy, smooth, and pigmented. Easy application alert.


Taken under bright lighting.
Taken under medium lighting.


As I mention several times before, this is my favorite shade and my favorite lipstick of all time. I have bought this ever since NYX opened their official counter in Indonesia and I fell in love right away with this shade. Thalia is your MLBB shade and a perfect nude for all occassion. But please beware because on some people, this shade could look a bit pale. My friend used to try this and it didn't perfectly blend with her, although she has fair complexion.

This lipstick has creamy formula and finishing. It doesn't dry your lips at all. But its decent moisture sometimes backfires since it easily transfers to anything, even my teeth. So having your coffee with your lipstick mark on the cup is not a very pleasant thing, especially since I'm quite used to wear some matte lip stain nowadays.

This lipstick won't stay long on your lips either, so you'll need to take this with you for retouching. It will only last for an hour or so, not to mention if you have that sloppy eating attitude. 

Oh, and btw, sometimes they don't have this stock with them. If that happens, I would buy the shade Tea Rose. It has quite similar shade with Thalia but more like peach or pink rather than mauve.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series