Thursday, April 23, 2015

Review: LA Splash Lip Couture Waterproof Liquid Lipstick (Venom)

I don't wear black lipstick on daily basis, but for years and years, I have yearned of having a good one. My previous black lipstick was NYX Round Lipstick in Penelope, but the quality is just so-so. I meant to buy Lime Crime Black Velvet but that means Imma have to rob a large sum of my monthly pocket money.

But then LA Splash launched their black lipstick for much much affordable price. This would cost  USD 11.98 on their official web and IDR 140-150K in local online stores.

There are two varieties of liquid lipstick other than this which is LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint. You can check out my review here.



They are originally double packaged in two ways: with clear mica box and with plastic wrapping. Apparently the one I got is with mica box.




The liquid was packed in clear cylinder bottle with golden cap and golden LA Splash emblem. Somehow LA Splash Lip COuture packaging looks sooo much more elegant than LA Splash Smitten.


The color system: 


La Splash actually also launched their lip couture remover. Aside from removing the products, it can also work as a moisturizer after you remove it. Hmmm, if they have to launch a special product for removing and moisturizing, I wonder how strong the drying effect is. Oh btw, after reading many review, Latte Confession is actually a very pretty and wearable pink nude shade. I have to buy it too!



My shade is Venom.




Ingredients.

This product life span can only last for 3 months after you open it. That's why I didn't intend to buy so many colors from them. THREE MONTHS for 0.13 oz nett? How can I spend all of them in three months...




Compared to LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint, this product has longer applicator and the shape is a bit more bended. 



Unlike LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint which has creamy texture, this Lip Couture has liquid one. And because of that, it is a bit hard to achieve an even result only with one layer. You have to add several layers, like 2 or 3 times to achieve a very opaque result.

It's wet when freshly applied and takes about 5-10 minutes before the product turns to a dead matte finishing.

Also, also, I have to underline this, the smell, urgh! Smells like wall paint, really annoying. Although it will fade gradually but definitely not a pleasant one when you first open the product. Similar case also happen with LA Splash Smiten Lip Tint.






Venom is a black shade, what more can I say? LOL. But I must say that the opacity is rather sheer. I have to built several layers until I get the perfect BLACK. Or else the color would end up a bit grey. Also if you wear this color, just don't put any lip primer or foundation in advance because it will just ruin its blackness.


***

Since the texture is liquid and not creamy, it made me easier to draw lines and shapes and stuff, as you can see from the pictures of my lips above. But since the opacity is medium, you have to add several layers until it become even. Wait several minutes before applying extra layers because this procudt takes times to dry completely.

They also last all day. Kissproof, smudgeproof, waterproof. Taking this off is easy. I just put a cotton dipped in ordinary makeup remover, press it for several secs, and wipe it with all you might. After that, scrub your lips and moisturize. This product won't leave any stain at all afterwards.

Does it dry? Yes, forgodsake! Even for my lips that don't dry easily, they do! And they also felt dry, as if your lips are sealed with a duck tape or something. But somehow, compared to similar products, this felt less dry and more comfortable. And just like many other matte liquid lipstick, the inner part of your lips will clump  after a long day.

If I have to mention the perfect dupe for Lime Crime Velvetiness in terms of texture, finishing, and longevity, this product is definitely the one. Compared to LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint, this one has better formula and with much more comfortable feeling on your lips. If only they reformulated their products and lengthen their life span, this would be my all time favorite matte liquid lipstick.






Verdicts:
  • Dead matte finishing
  • liquid texture
  • Wet when fresly applied and takes about 5-10 minutes to dry completely
  • Smells like paint
  • Glide smoothly
  • Drying effect, but still feels comfortable
  • Great color pay-off
  • Doesn't stain
  • 3 month life span after it was openned
  • The opacity is rather medium than full
  • How much: IDR 140K in Nyxolshop (facebook)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series