Monday, January 19, 2015

Review: NYX Eyebrow Gel (Blonde/EBG01)

This so-called dupe of Make Up Forever Aqua Brows had really stolen my heart a few months back. I first bought the shade Brunette and didn't regret it at all. The only thing I regret was that I only bought one shade.
 
But finally I can have the blonde shade I wanted to have sooo much.
 
 
 
The product was infused in a tiny transparent vynil tube, comes with a box as well. For you who are confused whether any brush included, nope, there isn't. The tube looked small but it contains 10 ml gel, it's quite generous.



 
There are 5 shades available in their color system.
 

My shade is Blonde/EBG01


Ingredients:
 
Water/Aqua/Eau, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d'Abeille, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnauba, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethyl Citrate. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):   Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).
 
 


 This product is actually very tiny, only 10ml. It has a small pointy hole and a tiny black cap, which is a bit unpractical. Just like my OCC Lip Tar that has a very mini cap, I fear that I might lost the cap. Sheesh... Btw, I must warn you, that the consistency is runny, so don't squeeze too hard ya, or you'll waste some.
 

Left: Indoor with camera flash.
Right: Outdoor with natural lighting. 
 
The consistency is a bit runny to be called gel. I only squeeze this much to draw my two eyebrows and oftentimes it leaves some excess.
 

Left: Indoor with camera flash.
Right: Outdoor with natural lighting. 
 
To draw those three lines I simply used one dot I squeezed from the previous picture. Isn't it amazing that a very small dot like that can really go along the way. So I must say 10 ml consistency is so generous. It'll take more than a year for me before the whole product has run out.
 
At first, I was afraid to choose this color since I thought it will look too blonde or too light for my skin tone. But judging from the swatches I think they're more like a light taupe shade or light blonde with grey undertone, not that stark bright blonde.
 
 
 
Since my real hair color is jet black, so the result is quite natural although it's light colored.
 
 

Here are how it look like on my face. Using a light colored eyebrow can really soften the look on your face and a great option if I get bored with those ultra thick and dark eyebrows. Please remember to choose eyebrow colorant lighter than your current hair color, not the other way around. But since I wear hijab, I don't really have problem with that. The benefit of hijabers. Yeeaaay.

 ***
 
This is the very first product ever in my entire life that fulfill its promise to be a waterproof and smudgeproof one. I often wear this for working out in my aerobic class, or just use this for going out. It didn't smudge or move at all for more than 12 hours. Even after you scratch your eyebrows.
 
Because of that the gel also dries very fast. So you have to be quick and please don't do any mistake or it'll be a correction nightmare. And just like I said before, a little dot goes a very long way. So be gentle with your brush or you'll end up overdoing it. This is just the right reason for me not to squeeze this product on the back of my hand. I prefer do it with a disposable things lika a tissue paper.
 
To remove this is simply using a cotton dipped in make up remover. For small places I use a spoolie or eyebrow comb dipped in make up remover, and apllied it gently on my eyebrows.
 
One thing that bug me is that I already have my old NYX EYebrow Gel in Brunette. And after using it for about 4 or 5 months, I find out the gel texture thickens overtime. I'm afraid if I don't use it for a long time, it will harden like a gel liner. I don't know why this happens, is it because I stash my make up in an air-conditioned room or what. But do you experience the same thing?
 
Okay, aside from that hardenig texture and everything, this product is ridiculously awesome, I like it! However, I must say that you might not like this if you are still a beginner on drawing your eyebrows. Well, I'm not saying that I am a pro, but applying this product is waaay more tricky than using a regular eyebrow pencil, although the final result you get is to die for.
 
And if you'd like to read my previous post about the Brunette shade, hit this button.
 
My take:
  • Blonde is a light taupe shade on ME
  • Waterproof
  • Smudgeproof
  • A little goes a long the way
  • Quickly dried once applied
  • The consistency is a bit runny for a gel texture
  • But it will thicken after several months on the tube
  • How much: around IDR 100K to 120K
  • Available in USA official counters only
  • I got this in NYX Olshop in Facebook, but available in many online stores in Indonesia.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series