Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Review: Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick (Centrifuchsia)

I have been a fan of Lime Crime lip products because of the packaging and their crazy range of colors. It took me a long time to finally decide purchasing this since the price wasn't something you would spend for some random stuff out of curiousity. But... have you ever want something so bad you don't care about the price, whether you need it or not? No? Well, lucky you, because that's what I felt towards this lovely purple bitch. So, to hell with budget.
 
 
 
Just look at the packaging design, doesn't it remind you of some toy lipsticks you had when you were a little gurl? Lilac color with a holographic Unicorn silhouette, same goes with the box design. Although it looks cute, but isn't it a little cheap looking?
 
 

There are 19 shades of Opaque Lipstick. My shade is Centrifuchsia. Why this? Because--despite the fact it is one of a few wearable shades--some reviews I read and watched told me this has the best texture. I actually aimed for Airborne Unicorn, because I love the name. LOLs. But it wasn't available at the time.
 
 
 
Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, DI-PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Vanillin, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Silica, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain [+/-]: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77492 CI 77491 CI 77499, Red 7 Lake CI 15850:1, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140:1, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090:2, Red 6 CI 15850, Red 28 Lake CI 45410. VEGAN/CRUELTY-FREE.
 

 
The bullet design is classic pointy one. There's a strong vanilla scent on it.
 

 
The color is what I describe as medium dark pink, or fuchsia, like the name itself.


 
My pale bare lips.


 
The picture above is when swatched to my lips. Somehow my camera kinda toned down the color a little bit because in reality it looked so much darker. I actually took some pictures of my lips under natural lighting but I don't think I will show you those since the result doesn't resemble the real color at all.
 

 
I played with my photo editor, change the saturation and all that, and finally came up with that picture above. Although it was obviously edited, but it's the closest one to reality.
 
***
 
This lipstick applied to my lips decently, very pigmented, and went opaque without so much trouble. I just need to apply one layer and the color stands out already. The texture is smooth, doesn't clump, nor dry my lips although I wear no lip balm in advance. And just like many opaque bold lipsticks, this one will leave stain. A pink stain.
 
 Talking about they staying power, oh yeah, it stayed in place obediently, like a puppy. Even after I took a meal, the color only slightly faded. But too bad that the color easily transfers to whatever it touches.
 
I don't feel sorry at all spending about IDR 245K (for this because the quality really paid off. It felt lightweight on my lips, not too thick, with a pretty creamy finishing. However, I don't know the result for other colors from this line, as from reading some reviews, not every color give a good result, considering the price is almost the same as many high-end lipstick brands.
 
Verdicts:
  • Opaque color
  • Medium dark pink tone
  • The color transfers easily
  • Long lasting
  • Not drying my lips
  • Very pigmented
  • Creamy finishing
  • Smooth textured and doesn't clump
  • How much: USD 18. I bought this for IDR 245K, available in many local online stores, but price may vary.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! Please leave your thought in the comment section. But please do not leave any spam/link as I will not approve it. Thanks and have a nice day!

Latest Post

First Impression: Evershine Moringa Series