I have multi colored softlenses. Usually I picked what to wear by closing my eyes and picked them randomly. If I'm lucky enough, I can wear the right color for the right occasion. But if I'm not, you can guess what happens next. You know... pink lenses on wedding, or boring brown for hanging out. Something like that.
These babes were bought months ago as supplies. Since some of my collections are expired already, so I think I'll open these.
One thing I hate from Princess softlens is the packaging. Sheesh.... I hope they were packed in blisters. I usually have a hard time opening them by cutting my fingers.
Unlike her sister (Princess Universe, review here), these softlenses have the power maxed to minus 8 only. My diopter numbers are actually a bit more than that. But just a little bit. It is a small problem for me, though. But I've been wanting this series so bad. I guess I'll wear this when I don't have to drive at night.
I bought purple... kyaaa! Anyway, they're available in other colors: pink, brown, grey, blue, and green.
The pattern in close up. Well, you can't actually call this a pattern... it's more like a purple pigment blotted to a softlen. So don't expect to much of it. The enlarging effect is medium since there is no dark ring either.
This series were inspired by the eyes of those cute Powerpuff Girls characters' eyes.
I have been wearing softlenses for about 10 years, and began wearing colored softlenses since 5 years ago. Since then I have tried many colored lenses and no brand can beat Acuvue regarding their comfort. And for me these Princess series are the second best after Acuvue. I wore these for more than 8 hours, no solution drop, and didn't hurt my eyes. Other brands usually would hurt and make my eyes red even after wearing them for just an hour. Or even when they were brand new ones or claimed especially made for sensitive eyes. >_<
At the first times you apply this, it may not feel comfortable so you have to rub more with solution drop or even adding one drop of liquid into the lense before putting them to your eyes. I always, always stumble upon the application, unlike other softlenses that would feel great right away.
The result is semi-bright, so don't expect natural looking eyes when wearing these, although the bright look won't be as obvious as Princess Universe series are. At least, if you're looking for bright colored lenses without worrying to look like a cosplayer, these ones are great findings. Although... Yeah this purple color is an attention catcher, and I don't care at all what others might think. But if you do, please choose color more suitable to your personality.
Some safety tips from me regarding colored softlenses:
- For beginners, choose the smallest diameter. Usually it's 14.5 mm. The larger, the less comfortable they are.
- Wear them not more than 4 hours at first. You can continue if your eyes doesn't react negatively.
- Rinse the softlenses with water solution before and after each usage.
- Do not rinse your softlenses with tap water or any liquid other than solution water.
- Do not use different brand of solution water for one softlens.
- Use eyedrop for softlenses whenever you feel your eyes dried, not more than 2-3 times a day. Application more than that may be harmful to your eye system.
- Wear them before wearing your makeup and remove them before removing your makeup.
- Before wearing them, make sure your softlenses are not inside out. The correct side usually will bend like a perfect bowl, but the incorrect one will look like a plate with its point poking outside.
- Do not, do not, do not wear torn softlenses nor expired ones.
- Softlenses are to be used by you only. Do not lend nor borrow them!
- Bad packaging, blisters are better though.
- Poor patern.
- Semi bright and unnatural look.
- Medium enlarging effect (no dark ring).
- Great comfort (at least for me).
- Detailed spec:
- Diameter : 15mm
- Water Contain : 52%
- Produced in : Korea
- Life spam : up to 12 months, with max care.
- Where to buy: various onlines stores.
- How much: around IDR 150K (USD 16), price may vary.
Grades for these: 4.5 out of 5!
Examples on my eyes:
Left: with camera flash
Right: natural lighting
The whole face examples. Hope you can see it, i took it with camera phone in a moving car. Well, I never bring a camera along with me. Berat gitu looooh...