I'm so glad to finally have this palette in my drawer.
Well, I won't write much about this. Let's take a short review then.
The carton box, looks like a painter palette
There are some items coming from this series, I chose Acid 570, containing many neon colors.
The palette container was made from a black matte plastic, along with a double sided eyeshadow sponge and a wide mirror as well. Too bad I forgot to capture the mirror.
All of the shades are matte, except for the two metallic blue shades. For a 12-shade palette, the packaging is pretty travel friendly, except for the not-so-useful sponge (12 shades and a brush? Come on...), the wide mirror just compliments them all. I think this is a great one for those who want to get neon shades all in one package. If only they come with a pigmented hot red shade, then this palette sure is perfect.
Here are the swatches in sequence. Please note that I didn't use any eye primer.
- Fuschia. Medium pigmentation.
- White. Low pigmentation. I mean, what white? LOL.
- Yellow. Medium pigmentation. The texture is powdery. Some powder may clot/lump when you dab it. So make sure you blend it well.
- Orange. Medium pigmentation. Just like yellow, it clots.
- Denim blue. High pigmentation. The texture is metallic and you don't need much product to get a thick result.
- Light blue. High pigmentation. Metallic. A little goes a long the way.
- Purple. Low pigmentation. Dig more to get a better result. LOL.
- Green. Medium pigmentation.
- Shocking Pink. Medium pigmentation. See yellow/orange.
- Neon green. Medium pigmentation. See yellow/orange.
- Grey. High pigmentation.
- Black. High pigmentation.
Turns out only four colors are really pigmented: gray, black, denim blue, and light blue. I felt a bit dissapointed at first, but when I used eye primer and dig more with my brush, I did got the pigmented result. Well, using primer is really a great trick.
Except for the lips, here's an example of my FOTD using yellow, orange, and shocking pink of this palette. You can check it out here.
Where to buy:
IDR 170K (USD 17)
Have you tried this palette before and have your own judgement, or are considering of purchasing?